A total of 80 people were killed by police last month
Police shot and killed 80 people, including 17 black men in June, bringing to 554 the number of individuals who have been killed by police so far this year, according to the website Killed by Police.
Black men represented 21.% of men killed by police in June.
In May, police shot and killed 82 individuals, 101 in April, 115 in March, 85 in February and 91 in January, according to the website. Most black men killed by police are unknown, but the death of Ussamah Rahm, 26, at the hands of Boston police and the FBI on Tuesday, June 2, made headlines locally and nationally.
Police said Rahm was under surveillance by the FBI and a Joint Terrorism Task Force when he reportedly pulled a knife before he was shot to death.
Rahm was the first person and first black man shot to death in June by police. He was the 478th victim of a deadly police shooting.
The other black men killed by police were:
- Sherman Byrd, 24, of Philadelphia. He was killed June 4;
- Andrew Ellerbee, 33, of Philadelphia. He was killed June 5:
- Demouria Hogg, 30, of Oakland, California. He was shot to death June 6th.
- Ross Anthony, 25, of Dallas County. He was shot to death June 9;
- Quan Davier Hicks, 22, of Cincinnati. He was shot to death June 9;
- Fritz Severe, 46, was shot to death June 10 in Miami;
- Isiah Hampton,19, was shot to death on June 10 in the Bronx, N.Y.
- Deng Manyoun, 35, was shot to death June 13 in Louisville, Kentucky
- Jermaine Benjamin, 42, died June 16, after being subdued by Indian River, Fla., county deputies in Florida;
- Trepierre Hummons, 21, was shot to death June 19 in Cincinnati;
- Kevin Bajoie, 32, was shot to death in Baton Rouge, Louisiana;
- Zamiel Kivon Crawford, 21, was shot to death June 20 in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
- Tyrone Harris, 20,was shot to death in Pittsburgh
- Damien A. Harrell, 26, was shot to death June 24 in York County, Virginia;
- Spencer Lee McClain, 41, was shot to death June 25th in Baltimore;
- Alfortish Cockeham, 23, was shot to death June 26 in Chicago